My mother and father grow beetroot and swear by it’s amazing health qualities and so when they gave me a bag of beets I thought of the best ways to feed it to Oscar. Little did I know that it would be the dish he loved the most so much so that he cried when his meal was gone and looked for more. Beetroot which has a gorgeous earthy taste which becomes so sweet when roasted and this combination with pasta is delicious and a super healthy meal!!! Save yourself time and just cook, purée and freeze the beetroot so that when your ready to make your dish it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Babies naturally love sweet flavours as breastmilk is quite sweet so this is a great food to introduce early on so they develop a taste for its distinct earthy flavour. It is our super hero vegetable as it is jam packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals as well as being an excellent source of dietary fibre and iron which is so important to help your baby grow and develop.
What goes in...
- 2 Cups Organic Macaroni Pasta
- 1 Ltr Water
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Beetroot Roasted until soft
- 2 Tablespoons Rapeseed Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Leave out for dairy free)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
How to make it...
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel your beetroot and cut into small 2×2 inch cubes. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with some rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar. Cover with some tinfoil and place in your oven.
- Once the beetroot has cooked for about 30 minutes give them a good stir to toss in the oil, vinegar and juices then add the 4 cloves of whole garlic with the skins on and put the tray back in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the skins from the garlic and then place the beetroot, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice into a blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until soft and tender.
- Drain and place into a bowl.
- Pour the beetroot pesto sauce over the pasta and toss until fully coated.
Someone you know will love you for it.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.