My thirteen year old daughter Jade called these ‘Oscars’ amazeballs’ and since then the name has stuck. I had tasted something similar in Camden Market with her and had been determined to create them for my own little one except I wanted them to pack a healthy punch with the added goodness of flax seed, chia and oats. The combination of ingredients along with cocao makes these taste like gorgeous little chocolate truffles, however, they are refined sugar free, contain plenty of fibre, protein, magnesium and potassium so are a perfect healthy treat for babies, kids and grown ups too. Besides all that goodness (like you need more reasons) they only take 10 minutes to make, they require no cooking and babies LOVE them!
- Print Recipe
What goes in...
- 8 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Cocao Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Milled Flax Seed
- 4 Tablespoons Oats
- 2 Teaspoons Milled Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Desiccated Coconut
- 4 Tablespoons Hot Water
How to make it...
- Add the pitted medjool dates into a bowl with the 4 tablespoons of hot water and leave aside while you get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- In your blender all all the dry ingredients – oats, flax, milled chia and blend for a few moments until the oats become a bit finer.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender including the dates and water and blend until you have a smooth almost dough like consistency. You may have to add a spoon extra of hot water if your mixture is too thick.
- Turn the mixture out onto a board, form into a ball and then divide into 10 equal parts (I use a knife for this).
- Roll each piece into a ball using the ball of your hand and then place on a small plate.
- When you are finished put the Amazeballs into the fridge for a couple of hours and leave until they have set. The oats in the mixture really helps this along.