I once tasted a cake that was made with tofu and it was absolutely delicious so it seemed only natural when I had some tofu left over that I would try my hand at making something yummy of my own. This recipe started out as being a raw treat but I couldn’t resist putting it into the oven and i’m so happy I did. It turned out like a soft almost flapjack kind of bar and it tasted so delicious that I had to share it with you all. It takes all of 5 minutes to blend the ingredients together and fold into the oats and only 15 minutes to bake. The bars are soft and super healthy and are easy for little hands to hold. Filled with yummy goodness from prunes to raw chocolate and oats, they make a perfect treat for your little ones.
- Print Recipe
What goes in...
- 100g Tofu
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup Prunes (packed tightly in cup)
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Oats
How to make it...
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Add the tofu, banana, prunes, cacao and coconut oil to a blender and blend until really smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Pour into a bowl, add the oats and mix until fully combined.
- Empty the mixture into a small baking tray lined with parchment paper (I used an 8×8″ tin)
- Press down firmly using the back of a spoon so that it is nice and flat.
- Bake for 15mins and then cut into baby squares.