These delicious savoury muffins are jam packed full of good ingredients from baby leaf spinach gently cooked in garlic to goat cheese all wrapped in a soft yummy muffin. These are a perfect food for small babies as they are soft and also really nutritious and are also a big hit with the old kids for school lunchboxes. They make a great tea time snack and are so easy to bring with you to feed your baby on the go.
- Print Recipe
What goes in...
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Cup Packed with Baby Leaf Spinach Chopped Finely
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Rapeseed Oil
- 100g Goat Cheese
- 4 Sprigs Thyme
How to make it...
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and gently fry the garlic for about 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the finely chopped baby leaf spinach to the pan and cook until slightly wilted. This will only take about 2-3 minutes and will keep all the flavour and nutrients in the leaves. Set aside to cool.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- In a separate jug add the egg, milk and rapseseed/olive oil and whisk to fully combine.
- Slowly pour this wet mixture into your flour and baking powder whisking until fully combined. Take your time to avoid the mixture forming lumps.
- Flake in the goat cheese and thyme and then add the spinach and garlic folding gently into your batter.
- Pour into a greased mini muffin tin and bake for 25mins or until golden brown. Cool on a baking tray before serving.
HELPFUL TIP - Freezer Tip
These muffins freeze really well. In fact there is always a batch in our freezer. So handy to just pop one in your bag if your going out. They defrost super quick too :)