Pasta sauce has always been a huge favourite in our house and Oscar has been no exception to this. We could literally give this to him every day and it is wolfed up in no time. The sauce is filled with tasty soft grilled vegetables and then blended making it really easy for smaller babies to eat, along with the garlic gives it a really yummy flavour. I know your baby will love this as much as mine does.
- Print Recipe
What goes in...
- 1 Cup Macaroni Pasta Shells
- 1 Ltr Water
- 1 Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tin Tomatoes (400ml)
- 100ml Milk of your choice
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Courgette Roughly Chopped
- 8 Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Rapeseed/Olive Oil
How to make it...
- In a saucepan bring your water to the boil then add your pasta. Simmer for 12-15 minutes while you get to work on your sauce.
- Cut your peppers in half and rub each side with rapeseed oil. Then grill each side until they are soft. The skin side may blacken slightly but this is perfectly normal and rubs away when cooled.
- In a frying pan heat your rapeseed oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for approx 10 minutes until it becomes sticky and sweet.
- Add the garlic and courgette and cook for a further 10 minutes until the courgette is lovely and soft.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and stir well bringing back to the boil.
- Your peppers should by this stage be cooked. Roughly chop them and add to your sauce along with the basil, then take the pan off the heat and using a soup blender purée until everything becomes soft and smooth.
- Stir in the milk and return the saucepan to the heat allowing to simmer.
- When the pasta is soft and cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
HELPFUL TIP - Freezing and Defrosting
Portion into a muffin tin, wrap in cling film and freeze. Ideally defrost overnight in a refrigerator and reheat covered in a microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well before serving.