There is actually nothing more tasty in my opinion than a potato and it is a perfect food to first give your little one. A baby potato is so easy for them to hold and when filled with vegetables it becomes a perfect little meal. I have served these for both dinner with some diced chicken, spiced baked beans or as a tea-time snack just as they are.
- Print Recipe
What goes in...
- 12 Baby Potatoes
- 50ml Milk (Choose from Cow, Soy or Almond)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (Or olive oil for dairy free)
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Cup Broccoli Steamed and chopped finely
- 12 Chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 100g Cheddar Cheese (Or your favourite vegan cheese for dairy free)
- 100ml Sour Cream (substitute with natural vegan yogurt)
How to make it...
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Prick the baby potatoes before placing on an oven tray and baking for approx 40 minutes (or until soft).
- Allow the cooked potatoes to cool fully. Then cut them in half long ways and scoop out the soft potato into a bowl leaving the skins aside for later.
- Add your chosen milk and butter/olive oil to your potato and mash until it is lovely and smooth.
- Finely chop your shallots and add to the potato mix, then stir in your cooked broccoli, sour cream/soy natural yogurt, nutmeg and chives and stir until everything is full combined.
- Spoon your filling into each of your baby potato skins and lay each one on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle each one with a little cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.